Wednesday, March 13, 2013

2013 NBA All-Star Event Diary (Day 10)

I started off the week flat and out of gas, but as the NBA All-Star Jam Session crowds started rolling in I was uplifted by the energy and, of course, the canister of helium that was emptied into my belly. When the event was over, thousands of people had passed through the premiere fan festival and I looked down on all of them, even Yao Ming and his parents.

This was my inaugural year at the NBA All-Star Jam Session event and to sum it up, “WOW!” As I floated across the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston I saw everyone from Lebron James at Center Court for the Sprite Uncontainable Game, to NBA Legend George Gervin getting kids in shape on the NBA FIT Court, to thousands of happy families dribbling, passing, shooting and dunking at the Slam Dunk Court, Pop-a-Shots and in the Kids Zone. I circled the globe in NBA Digital Village at least 50 times and followed players like Russell Westbrook, Clyde Drexler, Muggsy Bogues and James Harden as they bounced from booth to booth.

The smiles were so big I could see them from the rafters and the coolest part is that there was a camera attached to me the entire time. Once we go through the footage, y’all will get the same birds’ eye view that I had (yes, 10 days in Houston even gets a Blimp saying “y’all”).

Speaking of FILO… I was unaware of who they were until this week. And, in fact, it wasn’t until we played back the footage in slow motion that I realized they even existed. They race around at warp speed helping to create smiles and memories. I can’t wait to work with them again.

Written by:
The Blimp

No comments:

Post a Comment