Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hey Kendra! We will miss you! :)

Last week Friday, FILO Productions full-time employee Kendra Meyers, took a job with another business in the Twin Cities area. Kendra, who officially started working with FILO in 2010 at the NBA All-Star Jam Session in Dallas, TX, was brought on as a full-timer in November, 2011. I still remember one of Kendra’s first ever events in the Dallas Convention Center as she scorned a bunch of employees for sitting around, eating pizza when we needed to pull tape and finish emptying out the Convention Center—she stood out right then and there as an energetic and devoted worker.

We don’t need to mention where Kendra’s headed, but let’s just say the FILO team isn’t too fond of red and white bullseye’s! Juuuuust Kidding, Kendra….

But in all honestly… We, as the FILO team, wanted to write a blog thanking Kendra for all her hard work over the years.

Kendra spent time with FILO working on multiple Jam Session’s with the NBA, traveling around the country with one of our BBVA Compass Tours, helping manage our PlayBall! Minnesota Tour and taking on the meticulous monthly duty of invoicing and expense reports. She will be missed immensely, and as a big THANK-YOU for your years here, Kendra, we decided to gather a few sentences from each of the FILO workers to let you know how we REALLLLY feel about you:


“Who am I going to visit malls and yogurt shops with now in every city we go? Or who am I going to drive around “crazy dancing” in the car with when we are running errands? I am going to miss my lil sis in the office. It has been a blast having another girl here at FILO to share “girl issues” with and to talk trash about the boys with when they make us mad. I wish you nothing but the best, have fun and keep your head up. LOVE!” –Carrie Hagen

“Hey Kendra, I am not sure who I am going to jump on stage and get my dance on with, but I sure hope you enjoy your new journey! I hope this new job brings you an exciting and successful future! We are all going to miss you over here!” – Shaun Donovan

“I really enjoyed the fire she had when working; she took things seriously and followed through on all tasks. Being the two youngest FILOs, we pushed and helped each other as much as we could, I appreciate that more then she knows.” – Tom Butina

“No one in FILO will ever lay sport court quite like you. We have some vets on this crew that will always admire your skill and finesse while performing this duty. Now that you are gone, we are now looking for qualified applicants to match your overall ping pong game. You will be missed.” –Andy Acosta

“Although we didn't work together for long I couldn't have asked for a better coworker. I wish you the best!” –Dan Fosse

“I’ve only known Kendra for a short time, but she has had a big affect on my life. For example, I actually consider my wife to be a safe driver now and realize her organic diet restrictions are relatively low-maintenance when compared to Kendra’s Gluten-Free obsession. But, seriously, I will miss Kendra and her passion and energy and sincerely hope she stays connected with FILO.” –Lou Bavaro

“You have come a long way since dominating janitorial in Dallas 2010! It has been a great couple of years and I wish you the best! Don’t forget to come visit us!” –Brian Buron

"There are many things that I'm going to miss about seeing you (Kendra) daily but the main thing is your positive attitude and infectious smile. Your new employer is lucky to have you. Good luck and don't forget to come back and carve Howie's pumpkin next year." –Kevin Weinhandl

As you can see, Kendra, we are really going to miss you around here! I(Puff), for one, am better off having met you and would like to thank you for your hard work, effort and dedication you have shown over the past few years. All too often hard work can go unnoticed, but everyone at FILO noticed and appreciated you. You have made an impact on each of our lives and we all wish you well. If you ever need anything, be sure to let us know! :)

Good Luck and you will be missed!

Kendra Meyers

1 comment:

  1. MISS YOU and it hasn't even been a week...Also, Andy doesn't do your desk justice! LOL...he hates Hoda and Kathy Lee! :)

    ReplyDelete