Wednesday, March 13, 2013

2013 NBA All-Star Event Diary (Day 12)

Tuesday, February 19th-TRAVEL DAY!

“AHHHH….NOOOOOO,” was my thought when the alarm went off at 6:45am on Tuesday morning. Mind you, this is the day after we finished loading out. One would think early morning crew calls would be done by now, but NOOOOOO!

After lying still for a few minutes I made the call to have the valet pull up our three vehicles to start making trips to the airport. I am certain the guys in valet think I am a man every time I call down. Between the lack of sleep and the lovely air of hotels and convention centers, my morning voice takes on a whole different tone each year at All-Star.

Today is the day that the majority of the staff heads back home. It is also the day everyone realizes just how sore, stiff and tired their bodies are after working 12 straight days at 10 to 15 hours a day. For us, the full-time FILO’s, Tuesday marks the day to just CHILL…well, sort of. After airport drop offs we still had the final walkthrough at the convention center and a farewell lunch with our partners at OSA before we finally got to really chill.

The guys all had naps on their schedule, but Kendra and I decided to take a more active approach with an amazing hour-long pedicure, trip to the mall and, of course, a stop at Yogurt Land. Kendra and I do not leave a city we are working in without a quick stop at a mall and yogurt shop!

There were still two crew calls left for this event…one at 7:15pm and the other at 10:30am, but crew call at 7:15pm was the one I was most looking forward to. Our FILO farewell dinner/night out always turns out to be so much fun. I am not sure if it is because we are all sleep deprived and a little goofy or that we are just that cool and know how to have a good time. Regardless, the final crew call tomorrow morning at 10:30am is sure to be a little rough after tonight… Peace out Houston!

Written by:
Carrie Hagen

No comments:

Post a Comment